2011/01/24

Ski in Hiroshima Geihoku area!


Hiroshima has been very cold and we have had a lot of snow this year.

I have been thinking about going skiing since the end of last year and I finally hit the slopes this week!!
The weather was good and the snows condition was perfect in the morning.
It became heavy towards the afternoon.

I was quite surprised that there wasn't any snow on the roads to get to the ski field.
The snow blowers had cleared all the snow from the roads. Even in the country side.

The high snow walls along the roads edges felt very comfortable at times. And the houses looked like big puddings with all the snow on the roofs.


It must be so hard to live in this area in the winter if they get this much snow every year.
I been skiing every year since I was 7 years old, and I cannot remember the scenery looking as beautiful as it dose right now. All the rice paddies, houses, farms and vegetation have a crisp, white blanket over them. Its a polar bears playground.

If you would like to go skiing, there are lots of buses going to the ski fields from Hiroshima station shinkansen side. The price is about 6000yen including one day chair lift ticket.
From Hiroshima Hana hostel to Hiroshima station shinkansen side, it is only 5 minutes on foot.

2 comments:

masa said...

Beautiful pictures Yuko-san!!!

I didn't know there were THAT great mountains in north of Hiroshima. I'm very glad to hear that everyone enjoyed the snowboarding and skiing!

I'll get you soon, ski fields!!

yuko said...

Yeah!! Masa chan :)
Let's go to the ski field! We could film some movies for our wedding?!?!
hehe