2012/02/23

Kushikatsu

Hello everybody! How are you?
It had been a very cold winter weather in Kyoto this month.
However, finally it got warmer in this few days.
And that is why, I decided to have a little adventure to Osaka!

Although Kyoto and Osaka are very close and takes just 30 minutes by JR train, I was little bit afraid to go to Osaka honestly.
Because every single time I go to Osaka, I get lost.
There are also a lot of people, and I am not used to be around that much people all the time.
However, I really really like food over there such as takoyaki and okomiyaki.
This time, my friend and I willing to scarify ourselve and get to shinsekai to have REAL KUSHIKATSU which is one of the culture of Osaka for the first time!
One of our guest in Kyoto Hana Hostel recommended one kushikatsu restaurant called DARUMA. One of my friend recommended another kushikatsu restaurant called TENGU.
We did not know which to go.
While we were traveling to shinsekasi, we got lost as was expected. We were trying to find a way to get there, and station worker nicely helped us.
Automatically the restaurant was chosen because the station we could reach to was closer to TENGU.

As we walked through local food market area after we arrived DOBUTSUENMAE station, we have passed many kushikatsu restaurants. Finally, there it was.



It was about 2 o'clock afternoon on weekday yet 3 people were waiting outside.
We could have seats quit soon against our expectation. Everybody in there seemed very professional about being OSAKA people and have kusikatsu. They know what to order.
I ordered oolong tea as if I am a professional like them. Then ordered kushikatsu and some others.
My friend and I were very excited to have kusikatsu at counter seats (they only have counter seats).

It was very good!!



On top of the great taste, I believe the effort and all the work to get there made the taste even better.
I could see very local cultures of Osaka.
After that we decided to take another adventure to Tsuutenkaku and Shinsaibashi shopping street.



OH, the other restaurant/DARUMA had still long line when we walked by.



By the time I got home, I was exhausted with full of satisfaction!
Any local staff are ultimate recommendation when you go travel!!

No comments: