2012/04/25

☆OKKON☆

Whats Hiroshima Specialty dish??
Oyster, Tsukemen (with noodles and broth served in different bowls), Sake (Made in Saijo). We still have some more unknown famous foods here in Hiroshima.

Most Hiroshima people LOVE OKONOMIYAKI. Some Local people call it as "OKKON".
Hiroshima-style Okonomiyaki is a filling dish made by frying two layers of thin pancake-like crepes containing chopped cabbage, soba or udon noodles, thinly sliced pork, and eggs, then pouring a thick, salty-sweet sauce on top. Personally I prefer Soba noodle.

I have some particular Okkon restaurant where I go regularly.

But I like exploring  new Okkon restaurant. I went to one of Okkon restaurant which well known as only for delivery. It's  called "大ちゃん DAICHAN". They have many brunches just for deliver Okkon. But the Daichan I went was EAT-IN style.
 




 The best part of having it at restaurant is we can see  how they cook. Making Okkon is very hard and need special technique.


They cook many of them at once with high speed.

I like having it directly from Teppan sheet with Special spurtle(Only for Okkon). But they serve it on the plate with chop sticks. I really enjoyed it was really good.



It's only 15minutes walk from Hiroshima HANA Hostel, so if you wish to try some nice Okkon restaurant, please let me know! I am very happy to tell you some special place for OKKON!

No comments: