2012/07/28

My first time experience of 'Gion festival'!

Hello,this is Mio form kyoto Hana hostel.I started to work here from last March and I experienced 'hoko & yama parade in Gion festival' this summer.
It was my first time to see the big parade.

Gion festival is the one of famous festivals in kyoto.
You can see yama and hoko parade when those objects go back to their storage on the final day of the festival.

On the day of the parade,my day started with my mistake.
I forgoto the chicket at home then I went back home and came back to Kyoto station.
It was an hour late than my schedule..

The parade had been started when I got to the festival.
However I could find Tsubasa(night duty stuff from Kyoto Hana hostel) there and we really enjoyed the parade.




Hoko and yama were incredibly beautiful,powerful and gorgeous more than I thought.
Each of them have attractive pictures on.
Also the pictures are like not only traditional Japanese style but also those have ethnicity from other Asian countries.


My eyes kept staing on their beautiful art.
It was also nice to see the street had different kind of mood as usual with the yama and hoko.

Why don't you see the fantastic parade when you come to kyoto in July?

No comments: