2010/06/16

Aomomiji

Hello everyone!!

It's Shizuka working at Kyoto Hana Hostel.
This is my first blog for Hana Journal.

I had been thinking what to write for my first blog...and...

Here is a question!

What are these plant called??



These are 'AOMOMIJI' (Green Maple leaves).
You can see a lot of these in many places in Kyoto around this time.

Recently, we had a guest from oversea who has seen this AOMOMIJI at front desk and said 'Why there is Marijuana?!'.
I was surprised by unexpected question.
But then, I started to think that there are thousands things that you have never seen in the world.

After that, I have been captured by AOMOMIJI. I got very interested in that, and started to look for them!!


Now...How many places do you know?

Do you know where is this??



This is in SANJUSANGENDO.
It is close to Kyoto station, you can even walk to here from Kyoto station.



How about this?





These are in Kiyomizu Temple!!
It was cloudy, but still very beautiful.

Meantime, I checked my luck.



It seems something good is going to happen to me soon!!


Well, I got the talking out of the way,
Now we get back to...








This is at Ryoanji temple as known as for garden arranged in the kare-sansui(dry-landscape) style.
It was raining, but these leaves looks happy and vivid green stood out against the cloudy sky.

Now, making a short trip to...




This is Byodoin temple which is famous for 10 yen coin.
It is printed on the Japanese 10 yen coin.
You can reach to Uji where the temple locates 17 minutes by JR rapid train.
Uji is also famous for green tea. You can enjoy green tea, green tea ice cream, and green tea soba (Japanese needle).



Here is my best recommended place!!





This is Genkoan which locates a little bit north of Golden pavilion (Kinkakuji temple).
There is no convenient access to the place so that there were not a lot of visiters.
It was very very nice and quiet. Their garden was beautiful.
It takes about 5minutes from Golden pavilion by taxi.
This place is smaller than Golden pavilion and Kiyomizu temple, however because of small, all the things are neat, clean, and nice.
I definitely recommend here!!

I still have a lot of spots for Aomomiji in kyoto to visit.
Hope to be able to visit and find out nicer places soon.

If you have any chance to visit Kyoto, why don't you visit these places to enjoy green colored maple leaves.
I am sure you will explore Kyoto more!!

No comments: