2010/06/20

Moving in Japan


I left my apartment I and my wife had spent for 3 years and a half on the other day. It was for the first time for us to ask a moving company. Comparing three moving companies, Kyoto born, the biggest transport industry and a specialty moving service, we chose the last one.

You have to finish packing before the moving date (except for furniture and electric appliances)

Our apartment was 2DK, two bedrooms and dining room with a kitchen. It costs 32000 yen which is rather cheaper than ordinary 2DK 's moving because we have few pieces of furniture, and already gave away a washing machine and a fridge.

In Japan, there is the law concerning the recycling of household appliances, disposal of washing machines, fridges, air-conditioners and TVs are charged about 4000 yen. I put ads on the message board of Kyoto International Community House and luckily two peoples came to pick them up.

I know only one moving service for foreigners in Kyoto. MOVE IT!



No comments: