2010/06/21

SAKE tasting event at Hiroshima Hana hostel♪



Hi there ! The rainy season , known as "Tsuyu "in Japan ,has begun.
I have been feeling a little down,but this year's rainy season will endearlier than normal.

Summer is just around the corner. Today,I would like to introduce to you our'SAKE tasting event' which we organize every Sunday night.
Have you ever heard of Saijo? (It is the name of place in Hiroshima)

Sake has been brewed in Saijo, a basin surrounded by 300 to 500meter-high mountains, since about 1650, but the region began to flourishas a brewing center about a century ago. Saijo has also benefited from premium brewing techniques developed locally. We would like you to enjoy tasty Hiroshima local Saijo saketogether,because of that thought,we started to have this sake tasting.


On this day, many guests joined this event and I met two nice guests whoare from Netherlands 'Manuel' and 'Marineke'.

They are both artists.
Manuel is a painter and Marineke is a ceramics artists.







They liked Saijo sake very much. At first,
they said that they drink onlya cup of Sake but at the end they said that they will have some more,with red-faces. hahaha:)



Hiroshima has 2 notable sites which are Peace park and MiyajimaIsland.
but there are another great place where i would like you to visit.
Saijo ,Onomich,Tomonoura,etc... I will introduce you to them next time!

1 comment:

* うぇんでぃ* (^o^);/ said...

Hi I tried to email you guys by filling in the 'contact us' mail form from your website but there seems to be an error. And I can't find your email address anywhere, so could you kindly give me your email address so I could send in my queries. Thanks~

Wendy (ic3mintz@yahoo.com.sg)