2012/08/31

Trip to Dogo Hotspring

I went to Matsuyama, one of cities in Shikoku island.
I took a tram to Hiroshima port from Hiroshima Sta. and took a ferry to Matsuyama.
I chose a superjet ferry this time so it took only an hour to get to Matsuyama port.
and I took a limousine bus to Dogo Onsen sta.

 Then I checked in at  Sen Guesthouse. I drop off my stuff and went to Dogo Onsen. Stone made bathtub was deeper than I had expected and bit hotter than standard temperature. The atmosphere was traditional so I was quite impressive. I felt I were a person in Edo era. Its a bit hotter than usual bath so I repeated soaking in the tub for a few minutes and getting out and take a cold shower for a few times. As I repeat that cycle, I felt like I refreshed from the core. That was impressive Onsen experience. I had some Dogo beer after and I headed for tonight's dinner place. 



  








I had a Taimeshi (Sea bream rice)  close from my guest house which was delicious.
Tai(sea bream) is a symbol of cerebration. When I was small, my mother served Tai on my birthday with birthday cake.

I went back to guest house and had some beer and talked with room mate and Matt-san and Nori-san. I had a relaxing time in Dogo. 

Guesthouse in Dogo Onsen
Sen Guesthouse
Dorm from 2700 yen
female dorm and private room available

No comments: